About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Terri. My grandmothers taught me how to crochet and embroider on dish towels when I was a little girl, and that started my love of crafting. Over the years I tried different things but my favorite is still stamping and card making. And what makes it better now is that my 2 sisters like it also!! It's fun when we can get together and make cards!! I love learning new ideas and techniques and give hope to others to step out of their comfort zone and try a few new things. Thanks so much for stopping by....follow along if you'd like and see what we can create!!

Thursday, October 13, 2016

MFP Saturday Challenge 40 - Faux Metallic Embellishments


MFP Saturday Challenge 41 - Faux Metallic Embellishments

This was another fun challenge from Mark's Finest Papers!  I followed the tutorial with VersaMark ink and copper embossing powder, then stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers' North American Woods stamp set in the hot embossed area.  I used a decorative die cut to cut out the embossed area for my card.  The stamped balloons are from Fun Stampers Journey, colored with Copic markers. I splattered some bronze Journey Silk over the ivory base card to add a little dimension.  I finished off the card with some brown cord tied around the ivory base, which was mounted on a brown base.

Thank you for stopping by - be sure to check out all the fun challenges this week at Mark's Finest Papers!  Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like it was fun! Turned out very nice! I just did not have the right materials and patience this week. 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card and technique turned out fantastic!! Awesome birthday card!! Thanks for joining us at MFP Stamps Challenge!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Perfect in every way! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete