About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Terri. My grandmothers taught me how to crochet and embroider on dish towels when I was a little girl, and that started my love of crafting. Over the years I tried different things but my favorite is still stamping and card making. And what makes it better now is that my 2 sisters like it also!! It's fun when we can get together and make cards!! I love learning new ideas and techniques and give hope to others to step out of their comfort zone and try a few new things. Thanks so much for stopping by....follow along if you'd like and see what we can create!!

Monday, May 7, 2018

PIP Challenge 1818

Happy Monday, and welcome to Pammies Inky Pinkies (PIP) Challenge 1818, an Anything Goes challenge sponsored this week by Newton's Nook.  Thank you so much to Newton's Nook for being such an awesome sponsor!  I am using stamps from  "Newton's Birthday Bash".  Be sure to visit Newton's Nook website to see all the delicious products they have!!

I used an embossing resist technique this week, stamping my background images with VersaMark on white paper and using white embossing powder.  Then I heat embossed the piece and applied ink in 3 different colors.  The embossed images resist the colored ink and show up white in the background. I colored Newton and his presents with Copic markers and used a couple of dies to make a decorative circle piece.  I added some ribbon from my stash and just a touch of Spectrum Noir sparkle pen on the ribbons of the presents.  A quick "Happy Birthday" sentiment and I was finished!

Thank you so much for stopping by - love seeing you and hope you will check out the other design team members inspiration at our challenge.  I can't wait to see your entry into our drawing for some Newton's Nook product!!  Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet kitty! Love your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that resist technique! Thanks for refreshing my memory!! lol. Darling card and the ribbon looks perfect there too!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely birthday card! I love the pink to yellow background you created! So pretty! Thank you for featuring our images on Pammies Inky Pinkies Challenge Blog!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, great background, really showcases Newton. Wonderful stitch look framing it all. Did I mention how much I enjoy your coloring and creations????

    ReplyDelete