About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Terri. My grandmothers taught me how to crochet and embroider on dish towels when I was a little girl, and that started my love of crafting. Over the years I tried different things but my favorite is still stamping and card making. And what makes it better now is that my 2 sisters like it also!! It's fun when we can get together and make cards!! I love learning new ideas and techniques and give hope to others to step out of their comfort zone and try a few new things. Thanks so much for stopping by....follow along if you'd like and see what we can create!!

Monday, August 29, 2016

MFP Challenge 35 - Patchwork Tutorial

 
 

MFP Challenge 35 - Patchwork Tutorial

If ever there was a challenge for me, this is it!  I am the queen of scraps.  I save my scraps....my friends save their scraps for me....I've even been known to look through the garbage at the end of a workshop for other people's scraps!  I think I'm addicted to scraps.  LOL :-)

This was a very fun tutorial for me.....I picked 4 scraps that sort-of matched each other and started cutting. I edged them all in light tan and glued them down to my base color. I stamped a sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers in the left lower corner....it's from the Be Happy Mini set.  I stamped a flower from Mark's Magnolia stamp set on an ivory piece of cardstock and colored it with Copic markers before mounting it on the same base color as the card.  I popped it up with pop dots. I added just a touch of glitter to the center of the flower to finish it off.  Thank you so much for stopping by...grab some of your own scraps and enter this fun challenge at Mark's Finest Papers.  Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful scraps! Cards like this are just that thing that reinforce collecting them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! You're using your scraps!! I need to try this tutorial yet. Your card is fabulous! Nice color choices and design! Very pretty! So glad you joined us at MFP Stamps Challenge!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful card! I love your color combinations!! And I see the little butterfly! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Can't beat the cosy homey feel of patchwork. :)
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete